Economic immigration remains key to Canada's recovery after the pandemic and the solution to Canada's labour crisis. 70% of Canada’s immigrants arrived were economic immigrants in 2021 from programs within Canada, while 30% were from abroad - a significant change as a result of the closed borders to prevent the spread of COVID. Prior to the pandemic, 70% of Canadian newcomers were economic class arrivals from abroad. According to a press release by Canada's government,
- Immigration accounts for almost 100% of Canada’s labour force growth.
- 62% of new permanent residents in 2021 were economic immigrants.
- Canada exceeded its target of welcoming 401,000 new permanent residents in 2021, the most newcomers in a year in Canadian history.
- 560,000 study permit applications were approved in 2021, a 32% increase.
With the reopening of the federal Express Entry program in July, Canada is once again inviting
Immigration benefits all Canadians—it helps grow our economy and strengthens our communities across the country. Many people are choosing Canada as the place to visit and build their future, and to ensure that we stay competitive, we have introduced concrete measures to make sure those who want to come to Canada have the client experience they deserve.
– The Honourable Sean Fraser
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Federal Skilled Worker Express Entry Resumes in Early July
On April 22, Sean Fraser announced that Invitations to Apply for the Federal Skilled Worker Program will resume in early July, and the vast majority of new applications will be processed within the 6-month service standard.
Apply Now For Federal Skilled Worker Express Entry
Candidates interested in applying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) through Express Entry should prepare and submit their applications now. It takes time to thoroughly prepare your application and assemble the required documentation, and for the best opportunity for selection in Express Entry, candidates should submit or update their applications as soon as possible, or update their Express Entry profile.
How to Update Your Express Entry Profile
If you already submitted your Express Entry profile, you can still update it as long as you weren't found ineligible. If you were found ineligible for Express Entry, you have to create a new profile
If your profile was found eligible for the Express Entry pool, you can still update your EE profile after you’ve submitted it by following these steps:
- On the main page of your account, go to the section “View the applications you submitted”
- Click on “Check full application status”
- On the “Express Entry profile status” page, click on the “View your profile” under the heading “Your Express Entry profile status”
- On the “Express Entry profile” page, click on the “Update form” button for the section you want to change
Do You Need Assistance Applying for Express Entry or Updating Your EE Profile?
When the Federal Skilled Worker Program Express Entry resumes in July 2022, you want to be prepared and have your application submitted for consideration. Ackah Business Immigration Law guides you through the immigration journey to Canada. An experienced immigration lawyer can save you time and stress - and prevent costly mistakes and missed deadlines that result in delays or denials. With 50+ years of immigration experience, our immigration legal team can identify and resolve potential problems BEFORE they happen.
Contact Ackah Law today at (403) 452‑9515 or email us at email@example.com.