The Canadian government has put in place travel restrictions and cut back on some immigration services to slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Canada's Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has enacted special procedures to help reduce the spread of the virus and protect Canadians. Canada is processing Express Entry permanent residence applications during this period.
Facts About Express Entry During the Coronavirus Crisis
- IRCC is still holding Express Entry draws.
- On April 9 3,294 Canadian Experience Class candidates invited to apply for permanent residence with a minimum CRS score of 464.
- Canada has implemented national travel restrictions between March 18 and June 30, 2020.
- Canada is allowing some permanent and temporary residents to enter the country.
- Canada is allowing essential business travel across the US /Canada border.
- Provinces are holding draws in the Provincial Nominee Program.
Express Entry Special Procedures Due to Coronavirus
Express Entry applicants must submit their application within 60 calendar days of receiving an invitation to apply. IRCC will accept incomplete express entry applications provided that applicants were unable to send all the required documents due to disruptions related to COVID-19. Applicants must send a letter explaining the reasons why the documents are missing, and the application will be held until further notice.
Individuals are still getting approved for Express Entry and invited to apply for Permanent Residence. The current processing time is approximately 10 to 12 months, so applicants should not delay getting their applications in.
Jumpstart the Backlog
Submit Your Express Entry Application Today
We anticipate there will be a significant backlog in the near future after this crisis is over.
What Is Express Entry?
Express Entry was launched by the Canadian Government as a way to choose skilled immigrants as Permanent Residents to Canada based on their ability to settle in Canada successfully. It is a point-based system where candidates are ranked against others in a pool called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Points are awarded using the information candidates provide in their IRCC profile.
Express Entry is used to manage applications for Permanent Residence under three federal economic immigration programs:
Get a Jumpstart on Post-Coronavirus:
Start Your Express Entry Immigration Application Today
Call Today (403) 452-9515
• Accepting Referrals and New Clients
• Video and Phone Consultations