Recent updates to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) online processing time tool allow clients to see a more accurate estimate of how long it will take to process their application. IRCC has a backlog of immigration applications and paperwork to manage due to staffing issues and closures caused by the pandemic. In January, Immigration Minister Sean Fraser promised to speed up the processing times to clear the backlog and introduce new efficiencies to Canada's immigration system.
IRCC has a processing standard for how long it will take to process an application for some services under normal circumstances. The updated processing time tool now takes additional information into consideration, announced IRCC:
Most permanent residence and citizenship services now show processing times that are updated every week, based on data from the previous 6 months.
These updates give you more realistic and up-to-date information that reflects
- volumes of applications being processed and
- any changes to our ability to process applications
Processing times for temporary residence t applications were already updated weekly, based on data from the past 8 or 16 weeks.
New Online Tools To Improve Immigration Efficiency
- IRCC released an online status tool so applicants can check their status online in 2021.
- IRCC launched a new online tool to submit citizenship applications online.
- Canada created the ArriveCAN app and website so Canadians to provide mandatory travel information required for entry into Canada.
Have an Immigration Lawyer On Your Side
An experienced immigration lawyer can save you time and stress - and prevent costly mistakes and missed deadlines. With 50+ years of immigration experience, our immigration legal team can identify and resolve potential problems BEFORE they happen. Contact Ackah Law today to discuss your situation at 403-452‑9515.