COVID emergency travel restrictions into Canada and quarantine measures remain in effect through April 30 and are likely to be extended. Canada's public health policy provides for travel and quarantine essential traveller and healthcare exemptions. Ackah Business Immigration Law is now offering Essential Travel & Healthcare Exemption Services. Due to the rapidly changing health and travel restrictions, Ackah Law's exemption package services can help you travel across the border with essential service letters and submission packages approved by the Public Health Agency of Canada for qualified essential healthcare workers and travellers.
Essential Travel Exemption Services
If you need to travel to Canada during COVID restriction, travel exemptions are available for essential workers and other qualified travellers Including:
- Trade and commerce
- Temporary Foreign Workers
- Vital Health-Care Workers
- Critical infrastructure and services workers
- Energy and Utilities
- Information and Communication Technologies
Essential Healthcare Exemption Services
If you need to enter Canada under a healthcare exemption, Ackah Law can help you apply for an essential healthcare exemption and submit it to to Public Health Agency. You may be exempt from travel restrictions and from the mandatory quarantine requirements under certain conditions, including if you:
- are receiving medical care within 36 hours of entering Canada (non-related to COVID-19)
- are accompanying a person receiving essential medical care
- compassionate entry to provide essential care for a critically family member who is a Canadian resident
- attend a funeral or end-of-life ceremony
- be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
- provide support to a person who's critically ill as determined by a licensed health care practitioner in Canada
- provide care for a person who has a medical reason as determined by a licensed health care practitioner in Canada
Current Canada Travel Restrictions & Quarantine Measures
- Flights to Mexico and the Caribbean are suspended starting Sunday, January 31 through April 30, 2021
- The Canadian government will impose mandatory COVID-19 testing for new international arrivals at the Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver airports, which are the only places authorized to accept overseas flights as of February 1, in addition to the already-in-place pre-boarding federal law for a negative COVID-19 test
- Anyone arriving in Canada from abroad will be required to wait for the results of their airport COVID test for up to three days at a supervised hotel, at their own expense
- After the second test, travellers will have to wait three days at a designated hotel for their test result; If the traveller’s second test is negative, they can complete their 14-day quarantine at home
Contact Ackah Law BEFORE You Try To Cross The Border
Do You Need An Essential Worker or Healthcare Exemption To Travel To Canada?
Don't get caught up in a paperwork bureaucracy backlog. Before you fly into Canada make sure your essential healthcare or worker exemption paperwork is in order. An experienced immigration professional can help qualified essential workers and healthcare travelers cross the border into Canada and help prepare your immigration application and exemption package.
If you need an exemption to travel to Canada, contact Ackah Business Immigration Law today at (403) 452‑9515 or email us directly.